Long Term Care Insurance
I just applied for Long Term Care insurance and want to share with you the reasons why I did that.
* Americans are living longer; many of us will reach 90+.
– With longer life expectancy, the chances of needing day to day assistance greatly increases.
– 400,000 Americans are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease every year.
* Your health insurance does not cover Long Term Care and government programs like Medicare pay only for short periods of care. Medicaid covers only the very poor.
* Having Long Term Care insurance may mean you can stay in your own home longer or, if necessary, have a more comfortable assisted living experience.
* Expensive personal care expenses could quickly ruin even the best thought out retirement plans.
While I could have sold the policy to myself, I elected to work with Russell Porter, CLU, CLTC. Russ is a specialist in the area of Long Term Care Insurance. Together I believe we found the right plan for me.
Here is a government site with more information:
If you would like to find out if this type of insurance if right for you, please give Russ a call at 303-926-7012.
- Published in Long Term Care